I’ve got my hands full!

I’ve got my hands full... that’s what I tend to say a lot when I’m juggling my little lot.  Don’t be mistaken- I am not a mother of five or coping with a set of twins. This is mostly said when I’m pushing my 4 month old in a pram, holding my 4 year old’s hand, carrying his scooter and holding the lead of my 9 year old staffy.  These moment I do really feel like ‘I’ve got my hands full’ people tell me so as they pass me and I laugh, inwardly cringing at the sight I must be! But yes, at the moment, with my new baby, very active 4 year old and attention-starved dog, I do sometimes feel overwhelmed and a little frazzled.  My 4 year old son is one of kind, as they all are. He asks a a million questions a day and says ‘Mammy?’ on repeat.  He’s bright and confident and will charm you instantly but demands a lot of attention, which I love to give him but wow, school holidays are hard work now there’s a baby in the mix. My partner has been working most days so I’ve been mostly by myself with the two. Let’s just say I haven’t been getting much housework done!
 Monday morning I’m sure the baby will breath a sigh of relief, realising she can have a nap undisturbed by rogue kisses and noisy singing! I’m sure I will too but I will be ready for the pick up at 3! Yeah I’ve got my hands full and I love it.

Comments